Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cheesecake Lemon Bars... yummy,yummy


Today I... was in the mood for baking. I didn't bake anything in quite a while even tough I love it. I always have a problem when it comes to the point where I need to decide what I want to bake. I have a couple of classics, however I also have a lot of stuff on Pinterest I want to try.

What was it going to be? What was it going to be? I decided to go the safe way. Cheesecake Lemon Bars. I got this recipe from Pinterest but have made it a couple of times already. I absolutely adore these Lemon Bars, they are super lemony, moist and they have a CHEESECAKE layer. How much better can it get? ;)

Anyways, I don't even want to say much more, absolutely amazing recipe. You should try it and I am sure you will like it. I mean, who doesn't like lemon bars and cheesecake? Trust me the combination is even better. Here is what you need.

For the crust: 
  • 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
For the lemon layer:
  • 4 eggs
  • 1.5 cups white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
For the cheesecake layer:
  • 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs


Alright first of all preheat your oven preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and then grease and flour a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.


Next whisk together 1.5 cups flour and the confectioners' sugar in a mixing bowl. Now put in the butter chunks, mix it up a bit until you get a crumbly texture and then knead it to combine everything.

In the next step you press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared baking dish to form the crust. Bake the whole thing in the preheated oven until it's golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove it from the oven, and set aside, but leave the oven on. You'll need it again (same temperature).

Now for the lemon layer you whisk together 4 eggs, 1.5 cups of sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour, the lemon zest, and lemon juice in a bowl and pour that mixture into the prepared crust. It doesn't matter if the lemon mixture goes over the edge of your crust, so don't worry, just pour it all on there.

Last step is the cheesecake layer. Mix the cream cheese and 1 cup sugar in a bowl, whisk in 2 eggs and then spread over the lemon mixture. You don't have to be very careful, it doesn't matter if the two layers get mixed up, they will separate during baking. Now put that in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.

That's it! :) It's so easy to make these, and they are sooo good. If you make them, let me know what you think. How do you like the Lemon Bar/ Cheesecake combo?

Lemon bars, anyone? ;)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...