Thursday, May 9, 2013

Worth the hype: Clinique Chubby Sticks

I might be a bit late with this. I think about every blog I read has mentioned the Clinique Chubby Sticks and how great they are.

It took me a while to get convinced to go out and get one. I am not the biggest fan of wearing lipstick. I don't like the fact that it needs to be reapplied on a regular basis and I also find it hard to find colors that really suit my fair skin. I usually forget to refresh my lipstick and most lipsticks dry out my lips. When it comes to color I like lipsticks which are basically like my natural lip color but a bit more extreme.

With that being said, it has always been hard for me to find lipsticks I really like and usually I use them for a couple of days and then I abandon them in a drawer.

That's why I was intrigued by the idea of colored lip balms. I have heard a lot about the Revlon Balm Stains and would have liked to try those first, but unfortunately they don't have Revlon in Germany. (WHYYYY???) So I went directly for the Chubby Sticks and was just hoping that I would like them, since they are quite expensive.

I got them in the colors Mega Melon (04) and Curvy Candy (14). Really pretty colors. I love the feeling of the balms on my lips, they are moisturizing, and last forever. Another big plus is that you don't need a mirror to put them on.

Some people think that the chubby sticks are not pigmented enough, but that is one of the main things I really like. The color is sheer but still very noticeable, at least on my lips.

Mega Melon is kind of a brownish red, but definitely more red than brown and it has a bit of golden glitter in it. Curvy Candy is a very nice natural pink. I really like both of them, but Curvy Candy is my favorite.

I am glad I invested the money. The Clinique Chubby Sticks are absolutely great and I am probably going to buy more.

What do you think about the chubby sticks and what are your favorite colors? Has anyone tried the "intense moisturizing" chubby sticks? Can't wait to hear form you guys.

-L
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...